Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yoga

I started a yoga class a few weeks ago. I was feeling very blah after the Christmas/New Year period & I wanted to do something to get me moving. I had done a class a few years ago & really enjoyed it so thought I would give it a go here as there is a yoga school very near my apt.
For the most part I really enjoy it but as I'm out of shape or should I say very unflexible it does push me. I'm usually stiff the next day, not overly but enough to know its working.
I'm a big believer in the balance of life. Its hard mostly to keep all the balls in the air at once & for me excerise is usually the first out the window when my schedule gets hectic but I've really begun to realise how important it is. I know scientists have been going on about it for years but I for one never really listened & I think its true that no matter how many times you hear something its up to you to decided whether its right or it works for you.
Its so true though, it makes you feel so good, those excellent endorphins! what would we do without them LOL.

I find its the whole mental barrier thats hard to get through. I used to go to the gym & I really loved going & I always felt GREAT after it but the getting there was the pits. It really was a mental struggle to get there. I resorted to tricking my own mind into going weird but true. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get motivated please share them with me cos its something I struggle with.

Life really is funny isn't it? a crazy mixed up mentalness thats so simple when wwe step back from it & not get so caught up in its whirlwind. I found meditation to be excellent for helping me calm my mind dowm after a hectic work day. I really had a problem with switching off my mind it was constantly going. Meditation really is so relaxing. Don't get me wrong its not as easy as just sitting in a chair doing nothing its totally focusing your concentration on either not thinking or on one specific thing/item. It really is hard at first like a muscle that hasn't been used in awhile but trust me it does get easier. I really see the benefits & would recommend it to everyone. I might see if I can out up a few simple mediation exercises for anyone to practise.

So my thought for today is to go out & do something be it going for a brisk walk in the evening or joining a fitness group or class but get out there & start moving you'll be surpirsed at how much energy it gives you.

No comments: