Friday, March 7, 2008

Weekend plans

Just figured out why this whole writing business is so good. It forces my mind to slow down so I can put thoughts to paper or keyboard as it were. I can’t type as fast as I can think. Lol.

I love a good book. Isn’t it a marvelous escape? I never thought I’d be a person to say marvelous but blogland is a space for anything. Anyway books, there is nothing I like better than to settle down with a good book & a cup of tea. Its becoming less & less that I have the time to sit down with a book & I’m just realising that now. So I think this weekend I’m going to get some books out of the library & make time for myself. My husband will be away for the weekend & although I will miss him I’m really looking forward to the time alone. Some ‘me’ time. It has been sadly lacking of late.

I love Nora Roberts books, she never fails to entertain me & I’ve read loads of hers. I love Robert Ludlum too & James Patterson is a favourite but I’ve also been peppering my reading with more arts & craftsy reading. I’ve just taken up scrapbooking which is so much fun, so have gotten a few books out on that, as well as drawing & painting. I’ve just planted my first tomato plant having been inspired by my sister & other blogs to try simple living. Like I’ve said baby steps. My sister has been banging on about reclycling & conservation etc etc for ages & trying to convert me. But its funny as soon as she stopped trying to convert/bagger me was when I started getting more interested. I think you need to lead by example & all shes been talking about has finally seeped in. It was the genuine pleasure she gets from her own efforts & plants that’s inspired me. So I’m trying to get more involved after all we only have one planet & we need, we ALL need to do our part in conserving it. Although changing is not always easy but I think the thought of changing is usually harder than the actual doing. So this weekend I’m going to splash out & try to grow lettuce too. I’ve been told it’s a winter plant so hopefully should grow for me. I’ve never claimed to have green fingers but I’ll give it a go. Maybe that’s another book I’ll try get out of the library, how not to kill plants ha ha which is what I seem to invariably do. Ah no something on planting & seeds & soil to give me tips & ideas. Its also amazing what knowledge is out there waiting when you ask for help, people are so open to helping when asked. It truly has amazed me.

Even for a day that started our blue I’ve slowly come round to a more positive outlook after these few simple plans for my weekend have emerged.
Funny eh?

Live a good life today.

No comments: