Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Autumn

The weather has been amazing the past few days in Sydney & its supposed to continue until next monday. Its so hard to work when the sun is shining outside your window and the sky is clear blue. I just want to be out & about in it. Just checked the weather & its about 26oC now. wimper wimper want to be out walking on the beach or in a park or something.
Its coming into winter here. wow. I'm from Dublin, Ireland originally & my husband & I have been in Sydney just over a year but I’m still totally on the northern hemisphere zones, every cell in my body along with my mentality, psychology, physiology, whatever is all tuned that it should be spring now & with the weather being nicer now it fits with the psychology, its just too weird to think its autumn. :o)
But the good weather has brought out a few shoots on my tomato plant did I mention that before I think I did. Anyway checked it this morning & I have another two germinating so that brings total to seven now. So excited. I checked into lettuce seeds & pots at the weekend & I got a few books out of the library but decided to read up a bit before I buy any, just to be sure. So I’ll let you know how that goes.
I joined a shopping tote swap on another blog and we got our swap buddies today. I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I'm a total beginner. I think the last thing I sewed was in home economics class in school.
You should check it out its: http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/

She has so many wonderful tips & recipes its well worth a visit. I'm not normally a joiner in’er but this site really inspired me to give it a go. We'll see. I'll post a picture of the bag when I'm finished. I was paired up with a woman from Wales & I've emailed her already but I'm sure she’s still in cloud cuckoo land as its about 3am over there about now.

I thinking I must post up a few pictures soon. I'll do that soon. I had no idea how many blogs were how there I was having a bit of a surf yesterday it really is amazing, people from all over the world. I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends from around the world. I'm only new to this whole blogging thing & it’s been a revelation.

Yesterday I mentioned that I wanted to try to improve my diet & exerices etc. Well I actually brought in a proper lunch with me with plenty of fruit which I’ve just finished & feel very full after & last night I did an exercise routine from a Tai-bo class I used to do at home. I really miss it I used to LOVE doing it at home but I haven’t been able to find any classes here yet. So I worked up a good sweat at that. Another name for it is Kai-bo which is the original Billy Blanks US version. Its mixture between Taiquando & kick-boxing but done as an aerobic exercise as opposed to martial arts. It’s so much fun so if anyone out there knows of a class in Sydney please let me know.

I just saw a really good quote that I thought might be a nice thought for the day.

“Everyone thinks of changing the world but no one thinks of changing himself” - Leo Tolstoy
I thought it was quite appropriate as that is exactly what I'm trying to do at the moment. Anyway hope you all have a great day & keep smiling. :o)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I could not imagine having to adjust to such a drastic change in seasons. I wonder just how long it would take a person to adjust to that.

Ciara said...

hi there, thanks for stopping by.
Not too sure myself but I've been talking to people from Ireland who are here about twenty years & they say you never get used to it.
But who knows I'd say everyone is different.
Its funny when I talk to my sister, she's usually just starting work & I'm heading to bed. lol