Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday again? Whats the story with that?

I honestly do not know where this weekend went. Having said that it was nice & relaxing. Went to see' in Bruges on Friday, its actually was quite good, some bits were hilarious but not sure if that's just Irish humour, bit gross at the end (think tarantino) but I enjoyed it. S got free tickets at work so all good.
S had to take a bit of a short notice trip to Florida so he left Sat morning. Miss him loads, this will be the longest we've been apart since we met. Mad. But it was nice to have the place to myself for the weekend, I cleaned & tidied, & did all the recycling, so the place it nice & homely at the moment.

After the week I'd had I really took it easy on Sat, read my book which I always find is a good way for my mind to dis-engage for a bit, & there was loads of good films on TV so stayed up watching them. Sunday was the cleaning & tidying day then went to the library for a bit, did my shopping, it was so nice out, spring is really starting to show & its the first official day of spring today yipee. Ooh yeah I also started my swap project finally, but I've about half done just waiting on the glue to dry(its says leave 24hours, don't ask) & I'll finish it tonight, I'm doing the pin cushion & needlebook one. My swap partner is in the states.
I have a mixed feeling about the swaps, a sort of love/hate thing going on. I amuse myself sometimes. I get very enthusiastic & join & think it'll be great. then the thought of doing it seems like such a chore & a burden(yes i know how sad, oh how the mind works) & then i get started & i really enjoy it, & even when I'm thinking of it as a pain in the ass I know I'm going to enjoy doing it when i get started. Can someone please explain to me the logic there cos it has me at a loss & its something I'd really like to overcome? It was the same with the last swap I did too. So anyhoooo going to finish tonight hopefully & post it away tomorrow. The deadline date is the 6th so I'm doing ok for now normally I'm a late minute kind of gal but I'm trying to work on that too. I'll put a picture up when I know she has received it. Its all in the doing I suppose I'm trying to learn new skills, my Mum died when I was 8 & I'm sure she would have taught me all these things as she was a kind of old school country girl, my stepmother, lets just say, wasn't very into that.
I missed doing the sowing course at the end of July as I had a few unexpected doctors bills so I'm going to keep an eye out for the next one that's starting.

Well think that's all for now, feeling a bit better so think last weeks blues have finally passed on, well til the next time as only in this life is there ups & downs. But all good & I'm back smiling :o)
Hope you all are well & have a great week.

No comments: