Friday, September 19, 2008

Squash

Ok so I had a comment what squash is so here is what I was playing last night, ok well that's obviously not me, ;oD just picture from web but its good to illustrate.




Its a box where you run around like a mad thing after a ball & get sweaty. But its good fun. Its sort of like tennis but using half a court & a much smaller ball.




Here are the general rules which I'm still getting the hang of. Each person stands in one of the boxes. One person serves, you have to have one foot in the smaller box(on floor) & the ball has to bounce between the top red line & the middle red line(in diagram) & in the other persons box to be in. Then its basically run all over the place trying to hit the ball back without letting it bounce more than once. It can bounce off the side & back walls but only allowed to bounce on the floor once. Ohh & its not allowed to go over the top red line. A game it first to nine points. I won last night, wehoo.

Its great fun. Its not like tennis in that the ball bounces a lot differently. Its doesn't bounce back to you you really have to run to get it. So its a great workout.

Well hope thats clear as mud, lol. I tell you though I had a great nights sleep after it & feel great today. Well to top it all off its friday too so thats always good. Also the weather is looking fab for the weekend so ALL good.

Hope you all have a great weekend & don't sweat the small stuff. :o)

3 comments:

Letera said...

It looks like racquet ball. How funny you call it squash and we call it racquetball. I was talking in my blog about being on Holiday instead of vacation. I love that, the different names!

♥ N o v a said...

Yes, it looks like racquetball to me, too. I love it, whatever it's called. Hahaha. It's great exercise.

So, how is your husband's Dad? He got out of the hospital on Friday, right?

Ciara said...

Hey there

Letera - I've heard of racquet ball alright but didn't know it was the same thing I must look that up, interesting. Yeah its mad the way the same things have different names. I spent 6 months in the states before we came here & took me ages to get used to saying vacation. Funny.

Nova-San - haha yeah it was we're going again this week i'm looking forward to it. yes he got out Fri & came back home on sat(op was in UK) It went well & the doc was happy. Think its all out so he'll just need to go in a few months for more scans & that but best possible outcome so we're all so happy. Thx so much for asking.

Ciara