Friday, September 5, 2008

Its raining

Its raining in Sydney today & its grey, we were teased with a few nice days of spring but now its raining. You know its funny, when I was in Ireland I was under the impression that it never rained in Australia, funny now when I think of it but a few other Irish people I've talked to had the same impression.

Its Friday & I'm not having a very productive day I have to say, I'm waiting on other people to finish their work & give it me so I can finish off the monthly reporting. Usually I'm busy with my stuff but I seem to have gotten it done more quickly than usual this month.
S came back yesterday morning he was so wrecked from the flight but ti was so nice to have him home. I got up at 5.30am to go pick him up at the airport as a surprise, he was so happy. He went to bed early but woke early then. I'm tired today
He had a bit of bad news on his way back, his mum called to tell him his Dad has a tumour behind his eye, he went for a full scan yesterday & hes going to the UK to have the tumour removed on Monday. We haven't many details as off yet its sort of wait & see. We don't even know any sort of prognosis yet or anything, not knowing is hard. S was quite upset about it but hes trying to keep positive. I feel so helpless that there's is nothing i can do for him right now. Maybe the rain suits this sad time.
I'm looking forward to a lie in tomorrow no alarm clock, yipee. I've to be up early on Sunday cos I'm helping out with a race. Not looking forward to it but I'm sure it'll be fine when I'm there.
Oh yeah I finished my swap finally & got it posted off today so I'm happy about that, I'll have some pictures soon.
Anyway think I need a cup of tea & some choc always a good recipe for cheering me up :o)
Hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Letera said...

I am so sorry to hear about S's dad. I hope everything comes out good and the prognosis is good. How scary.
I just got caught up on all your posts. I love the pics of the flowers. Nice!
I hope you have a good weekend!

♥ N o v a said...

I'll be praying for a successful removal of the tumour. It's definitely hard not knowing, and the feeling of helplessness is even worse.

Wish I could sit with you for a cup of tea or hot chocolate.

Ciara said...

Hey there
Letera - thank you for that, yeah it is a bit scary, hopefully will find out something this evening.
Thx for that yep had good weekend just went to quickly but sure whats new, glad you like the pics.

Nova-San - Awh thank you so much for that it means a lot. Its just all so sudden. Yeah the helpnessess is horrible hopefully they'll get it all, he will lose some vision but until tests & that come back we won't know. I feel bad but it must be so much worse for my mother-in-law.
I'll keep praying too, thx again


Ciara