Monday, February 2, 2009

February

February, I mean wow. Still feeling like a broken record but heh i hadn't caught up with 2008 yet & the first month of 09 is gone...I mean HELLO.

ok so another Monday! I can handle it, I can, really I can ok I have to keep telling myself that. :o/
I'm not sure if its the working thing I'm not that into, this job in particular or the fact its flat out busy ALL THE TIME now, but anyway it has me thinking of looking for another job. BUT, (there's always a but isn't there?), in order for me to do that I'd have to apply for a different visa to stay in Australia, cos the visa I currently have my company sponsored me so I have to stay working here basically. It also begs to ask in the current economic climate what if I'm let go or the company closes? I'll be in the same position. So I'm going to apply for this different visa which lets me work for whoever I want or should I say whoever will employ me :oD. But its such a pain there are loads, I mean LOADS of forms to fill out every single bit of your life is scrutinised & you need certified documents for EVERYTHING. I mean i understand for national security & all that but when you're a pretty normal average everyday person with no funny business in the past, like me, its kind of a pain. But what can you do?

So along with being busy in work I'm trying to get all my school & college certs organised from home so I can do a skills assessment. Fun. & get this, it takes 8 weeks for them to do the skills assessment & then I've to fill out all the forms for the visa itself & could be waiting 6 months!! The joy. But I'll just plod on cos I do want to stay here for a bit longer anyway, the economy at home is pretty bad at the moment, everyone is telling us we should stay here for another while. I'm just not a fan of form filling. Is anyone?
I did a whole heap of sorting at the weekend of all the clutter I mentioned before, so that felt good to get that out of the way. I was also playing with my new photo printer & some stitching software I'd gotten recently but hadn't had a chance to try out. It basically lets you stitch together shots of the same scene & puts it into a panoramic view, its pretty cool. I'd taken a sunset picture of Sydney harbour bridge & another further along of the opera house & I'd been trying for ages to get them photoshopped together but could never get it just right that you couldn't see the lines cos the sky was so many different shades of oranges, pink & blues. So I decided to try this software out. & it was SO COOL. you just pick the photos you want to paste together & it blends it for you, its so cool I was so pleased all day with my cool photo. I must put a copy up to show you.
What else did I do? oh yeah I treated myself(well with a voucher I'd gotten from S for my birthday) to a manicure & pedicure, it felt so nice to be pampered I don't normally bother, just do it myself but it felt so nice.
It was really hot at the weekend but not as bad as its been down in Victoria & South Australia, major heatwave at the moment, think it reached nearly the 50's at one point & thats oC. wow. It got to 41oC in Sydney a coupe of weeks ago & that was too much for me I'm not used to that kind of heat at all.
Well being month end and all I'd better get back to work. I'll try be more social tomorrow, today's a bit of a write off cos I'm tired, I stayed up to watch the Australian Open final between Federer & Nadal, it was so good. Nadal got it in the end but it was amazing.
Anyway have a good one. :oD

No comments: