Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Writer in the making :o)

I got a good nights sleep last night so not feeling to ragged today which is good. I'm going to try get another early night tonight & hopefully that'll sort me out.

I actually turned off the TV last night at 8.30pm cos there was nothing on & normally I'd sit there & just watch whatever crap was on but last night I decided no I'd turn it off & do something. I'm glad I did. I think it helped me sleep better too. But anyway I went through loads of old photos that I've been meaning to go through for ages, to sort, throw out or scrap book. So that's done. I played a little more with the stitch software I was talking about yesterday. Its so cool. S had been wrecked cos he was working all weekend & with 2 late nights he was shattered so he went to bed at 9.30....shock horror he NEVER goes to bed early even when he knows he should but he did, fair play & he said he's feeling better today too. Although he did fall asleep at his desk yesterday so that might have prompted it :oD
So got all that sorted & by then my eyes were dropping so went to bed at 11pm, early for me these past few weeks.

I was surfing through some other blogs today and I saw a blog that had an entry about a writing competition. You know I've wanted to write for ages but never really knew what or how. They say that everyone has a least one book inside them & its something I've wanted to give a go. And it struck me as I was reading this competition thing, my first thought/reaction was 'I'd never be able to do that' & the second was 'I'd never get anywhere so whats the point'. I was surprised at myself when I realised that's what I was thinking, that's not really like me at all. It surprised me that negative thoughts were the first thing to come to mind. So now that I'm aware I do that subconsciously I'm going to try to change that. I think I've come to realise that life isn't the things you succeed at, its the things you try that make the memories of your life. After all what are we here for. I went to see 'Yesman' last week (hilarious) but it kindda got me thinking too. I can be a bit like that sometimes. So with this very late new year resolution I'm going to be more aware of negative thinking & I'm going to try more stuff, just give it a go & see what happens. Could make for an interesting life :o) So I'm going to give this competition a go & see what happens.

Anyway there's a few nuggets for today, oh & if anyone else is interested in entering the writing comp here's the website.

Enjoy your day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are"
- Theordore Roosevelt

No comments: