Monday, February 9, 2009

Bushfires

There have been bush fires raging in South Australian & Victoria these past few weeks really but the past few days they've gotten worse. 108 have been killed as of this mornings news. Its so sad. I've been hearing on the news that some of the fires have been started deliberately. It makes me so angry to think someone did this on purpose. Whats were they thinking? What is the world coming to?
Keep these people, who've lost loved ones, homes, livestock, everything in your thoughts and prayers. Also the firefighters who are out there constantly & some of whom are finding friends bodies in the wreakage.
I can't even begin to imagine what its like, so terrifying. I used to have nightmares about fire when I was little so that would be a particular phobia for me. Here in Sydney its been ok, but temperatures soared to 44oC yesterday. I felt like I was slowly cooking, even staying in the shade & with suncream on. it was too much. I've heard from people at home that its snowing. Ireland rarely gets snow at all. What is going on with the climate? Hope everyone is doing ok.

2 comments:

Letera said...

I just saw a small thing on the computer about the fire in southern australia. Crazy. Is it near you. 44 degrees C is very hot. I am in 20 degree weather. Crazy! I will say a prayer. I do understand because we have had some bad fires in Az since I have moved here and its just so heart breaking when it happens.

Ciara said...

Hey there
No, thank God its not near me, its down south of the country. Yeah so devastating, I was getting choked up listening to peoples stories on the news.