Thursday, April 24, 2008

World Harmony Run

I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that I do a meditation class on a wed nights, but anyway I do & thank God I do I think I'd be in the nut house by now if I didn't have some way for my mind to relax. I totally recommend it by the way.

Anyway that's not the purpose of this post. The meditations are run by the Sri Chinmoy centre in Sydney & they have a really big event coming up in Australia starting this weekend. The world Harmony run, well as you can tell by the name its not just Australia but the Australian leg starts this Sunday in Brisbane. It's a global relay that seeks to promote international friendship, goodwill and understanding.
There are runners from Australia & all over the world running around the whole of Australia, how cool is that. They generally visit different sights along the way & meet with local dignitaries & visit schools & let the children run with the torch all in the name of peace & goodwill. Its very inspiring to see really. So if you see them out on the street or if they're coming to near your area, try to come out & support the runners & cheer them on.

If you want to check out the Australian run click here.

If you're not in Australia & fancy checking out the rest of the world runs, click here & then pick your country at the top of the page.

If nothing else go & have a look, its amazing what these people are doing to try to bring peace & awareness to the world.

Enjoy. Its a public holiday here tomorrow so I'm off work & I just found out that we can leave early today so WEHOOOO long weekend. I'm soooo looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow morning. Although knowing me I'll be awake at the same time, LOL.

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend. I saw a good quote today
'minds are like parachutes they only function when open' - Thomas Dewar

Since I'm a skydiver I thought that was good. Keep smiling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice writing! This event, the World Harmony Run, is well worth supporting. Anyone can participate as we are all part of this process, together... :)

dND said...

I love the quote.

Skydiver! I think you are so brave, I have a fear of falling so anything like that is out for me.

Deborah

Letera said...

That sounds awesome. We need more peace in the world thats for sure. To much evil out there and too much hatred, partially towards us americans thanks to our president and this crap in iraq.
Love the quote. I understand about wanting to sleep in and getting up at the same time. Have a great weekend. What holiday is it in Australia?

♥ N o v a said...

How was your holiday? You haven't posted in anything in a long time!

I'm now at http://coffeedujour.blogspot.com

Hope you're doing well!

Letera said...

Where are You? What have you been up to?