Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Autumn

Well autumn finally hit Sydney yesterday, it rained a lot during the night, I was lucky enough not to get caught yesterday. Not so lucky this morning though. I was about 10 steps out of my apt on the way to the train & it started, oh the joy! At least I did have my umbrella, I was thankful for small mercies I have to say cos its normally on a day like that that I don't have it & get into work looking like a drowned rat....very attractive!......not.
But other than that its actually been a good day, ok I'm flat out busy in work the past two days but I much prefer being busy I have to say, time definitely goes quicker.
Its been a bit chillier too, I've been getting out the heavier jumpers & cardigans to put on. I'm like, is it not time to turn the A/C down in the office yet? or up? you know what I mean make it warmer in here.

Life's been tripping along quite ok for the most part recently, I'm getting so excited about the trip home. Have i mentioned that before ? not sure. Well we're heading home for 3 weeks in May for a wedding, but also to see everyone. Its the longest I've been totally away from home... ever. It'll be nearly 2 years since living there. Home is Ireland by the way, so its going to take something like 22 hours flying to get there, soooooo not looking forward to that.
But it'll be so great seeing everyone, all my friends & family, I'm quite close to a lot of my family on my Mum's side, don't really know any on my Dad's side at all, then there are my brothers & sisters to visit & also Shane's (hubbie) family to visit so its going to be a hectic 3 weeks but hopefully all will go well.

Oh I know I haven't mentioned them in ages but my tomato plants are coming along nicely, very proud of me. Normally things die on me. alot!

So hope you all have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ciara,
I have nominated you for a blog award. The details are on my blog.

Ciara said...

Awh thanks for that Tracy. I'll be along to get the details.
Ciara

itbbabyel said...

Wow, going home to Ireland, that must me nice, that is on my list of places to go. Thanks for the award. I think it is awesome you are going home, have a great time, you never know what might happen.

Ciara said...

Hi Elee
Thx for that, yeah i know 4 weeks today i'll be heading to the airport, so exciting. Its one of my best friends weddings so its going to be great. expensive but great, i've been saving up for this trip for ages.
Ciara