Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday'itis'

"Its a new dawn, its a new day & I'm feeling good" de dum de dum

Well I'm not actually its a Tue after a long weekend & back in work.....sucks. But I still like the song, having it playing here, something about it always makes me .......sing along, dance, sway in my seat, all of the above sometimes.... :oD but sure all good. I love Nina Simone.

I had a pretty good weekend considering the weather wasn't playing its part. We went to the Blue Mountains national park yesterday for a walk/hike, it was so nice up there. I really like getting out of the city for a bit. It calms my soul, all those rolling hills & trees. We'd planned on going on Sat but cos weather was crap we ended up going to the cinema instead, went to the see the new "mummy" film with Brendan Fraser. I'm a big fan of his & really enjoyed the first two but this one ......nah not impressed have to say, oh well.
One thing I wanted to do which I didn't was get my books out to start studying, I've two exams coming up in Dec & need to get my ass in gear. But its hard to motivate yourself to do it when its SO not what you want to be doing on your weekend so gave myself the weekend & I'm going to start tonight, even if I just do the organising bit tonight that'll be a start.
Oooouuuu did I tell you ages ago that I planted onions, tomatoes & lettuce? Well if not, I did plant them in Aug & the lettuce should be ready for picking in next few weeks. How cool is that? I have to admit I'm not the most patient person in the world & wasn't impressed that I had to wait for them to grow, hahaha. Its like what do you mean I've to wait 14 weeks??? Guess thats the society we live in today, everything now. So anyhoooo nearly picking time. I'm actually excited to eat something I've grown, sad but very true. :o) The tomatoes will be another little while yet & the onions will take the longest. I must take some pics to show you how they're coming along on our little balcony.
Sure better go & do some work. Hope you all had great weekends & are smiling a bit cos after all frowning gives you wrinkles. ;o)

No comments: