Friday, October 17, 2008

Growing veggies

I decided awhile back I wanted to try growing some veggies, got the inspiration from Rhonda Jean at the down-to-earth blog I read. I said ages ago I'd take some pictures so I finally got round to bringing my camera into work with me so I can post them. I'm very proud of my little plants. So heres a few picture of my little balcony garden. :o)











My lettuce

& a baby lettuce just growing



My tomatoes getting big, I need to get a few stakes to hold them up.






More tomato plants

& onions. They take the longest to grow but should be ready in couple of months. Sorry about the gaps Blogspot wasn't playing nice with my pictures today. Have a good weekend everyone.

5 comments:

dND said...

They're looking good as does the sunshine.
The nice thing with growing your own lettuces is that you just pick as many leaves as you need. The lettuces go on for ages and no sad and sorry limp bundle of leaves at the bottom of the fridge.

Ciara said...

Hey there
Yeah it is pretty cool to be able to go pick it fresh, although I noticed yesterday something is having a munch on it too so I'll have to sort that out somehow.
Ciara

Letera said...

Nice garden. Very kool. Do you live in an apartment w/ a balcony. I would love to do that but the growing season is very short here. I hope your well and doing good!

♥ N o v a said...

I'm so envious (but proud!) of your veggie garden. I would love to have my own garden, but it's nearly impossible here in the city. For now, I'll stick to reading about yours! ;-)

Ciara said...

hey there

Letera - yep we live in an apt that has a little balcony that we're lucky gets the sun for most of the morning. Yep doing good thx. Weather getting nicer so always cheers me up when its sunny.

Nova-San - Thx for that, yeah I'd love to have my own proper garden too but like you nearly impossible in the city unless you have big bucks. oh well maybe someday.

Ciara