Thursday, July 31, 2008

Brisbane

Ok so there won't be a post for a few days cos we're going away for our anniversary. We're heading to Brisbane this evening until Monday night. I'm so excited. I love travelling & seeing new places. S & I said we wanted to see more of Australia once we got back from Ireland so that's what we're trying to do. :o)

We got cheap flight up cos they were on sale so that's always a plus & we've booked the cheapest (decent) hotel we could find that was central'ish. So that leaves more funds for the fun part of doing stuff. I've just checked out the weather for Brisbane & its looking nice for the weekend, yipee. Can you tell I'm excited yet??

Anyway we're planning on going to the zoo while we're there, its the Steve Irwin zoo. I really liked his tv programmes at home so always wanted to go & feed the crocs, sad but true. ha ha.
Other than that we're going to check out a few of the theme parks & do the tourist thing around town. But I'm looking forward to it, I think its good to do different things & challenge the rut. I think I was getting into a bit of a rut there for awhile so trying to do more.

Other news????? Huuummmm, well I'm still mad busy in work so what's new you say? But I've made a conscious decision not to let it get to me or get the better of me. I've made more time for the things I really enjoy like blogging for example, a bit more balance & I feel better for it I have to say. & I think its made me more efficient in work too & definitely less stressed.

So although its a bit early hope you all have a great weekend! Keep smiling.

Oh & I'll try take loads of photos, so stay tuned. ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll love the Steve Irwin zoo. I was there a few years ago, it rocked. This was before Steve died though - will be interesting to see if there is a memorial to him or something now...

Letera said...

Happy Anniversary. Those kind of trips make great memories! Have a great time!

Ciara said...

Hey there
Thx for stopping by, yeah I really enjoyed the Steve Irwin zoo, they have a bronze statue of the whole family just inside the entrance but don't know if that was there before. I'll put picture of it up when i get my butt in gear & get them downloaded. :o)

Hey Letera
Thx for that, yep lots of great memories, really enjoyed the trip. Been too busy to post since got back but gonna try get to it soon. Hope you well.


Ciara