Friday, July 25, 2008

Time goes by

Here we are again, another Friday. Isn't it amazing how time is flying, nearly the end of July already. Although I have to say I'm feeling a bit like a broken record saying that, but it truly amazes me all the time. I was just reading on gary's blog today about a similar time flying feeling & thought well at least its not just me.
You should read it, its gets you thinking about the perception of time going quicker as we get older. I often wonder does it slow down again later in life as we retire & slow down physically?
I read on another persons blog about her grandfather who is 96 & fit & well & as she says as sharp as anything. I wonder what his perceptions of time are?

I think it makes me think of 'why are we here'? type questions. Whats the whole scheme of things that we were put on this planet for. The bigger scheme I suppose i mean. we can get drawn into our own little lives & little trivialities that they get out of proportionately big & important to us.

Case in point , my husband had a really bad dream the other night that I was knocked down (God forbid) and died and it was on his mind all day & he was really lovey dovey with me that day(well more than usual) & when I asked him why he explained about the dream & said 'it kindda makes the little things not so important anymore & I'm just happy to have you' I guess it made him stop & think & be grateful for the things he does have in life

So I suppose my thought for today is to maybe stop & think about all the great things in your life & be grateful for them, really grateful for them. The worries will still be there tomorrow so worry about them then. Give yourself a break today.

Anyway on that note I hope you all have a great weekend. :o)

No comments: