Monday, July 28, 2008

Anniversary

Its our second anniversary today and since we haven't killed each other yet I'm going with 'that's a good sign', LOL.

I was surprised with a gorgeous bouquet of roses & lilies in work today. awh, I nearly cried(happy tears of course) ,what can i say I'm a mush when it comes to nice surprises. I'll take a picture this evening & show them to you tomorrow. S can be so thoughtful sometimes. We're heading away on Thurs to celebrate, we're going to Brisbane for 5 days, I can't wait. Queensland is somewhat warmer than New South Wales so should be nice holiday, well short break anyway. :o)


So what did I do at the weekend, Saturday we got a new carpet put down in our bedroom, well I should say our landlord did. I'm so glad cos the old one was pretty yuck. So that's actually quite nice. We had planned to go jumping at Picton but Shane was called into work at the last minute so I actually ended up doing a lot of sorting around the house which was great cos I've been wanting to do it for AGES. You know?? all those bills that are floating around & the random bits of paper that clutter up the place? it was getting to the stage where it was annoying me so I had gotten to the stage where they were all in one spot & then stopped & that pile was just getting bigger so I made a really good go of it on Sat & got through most of it so I'm feeling fairly organised for once & i threw out a load of crap too. So that made me feel productive, sat night we had a DVD & popcorn night which was really nice cos we haven't done that in ages. We turned off all the light like it was the cinema, was really fun. We had planned to go to the cinema but the weather was really cold & wet so we didn't bother.
Sunday we visited The Royal National park, it was amazing. The first time I've ever been in a forest that really felt like the rain forest. I kept expecting to see monkeys & things in the trees. It was so quiet. We did one of the trail walks(I'll put up some photos tomorrow) & it was really nice. Even being from Ireland I've never seen so many different greens & so many varieties of trees. I would have loved to have stayed longer but we started out alter than planned & got stuck in traffic cos there was some game on in Sydney stadium & since it gets dark at 5.10pm we had to head back to the car. We're going to go again soon.


Well hope you all had a great weekend. Huuummmm just have to figure out how I'm going to get these flowers home on the train in rush hour?? Methinks a taxi is in order this evening & that plan goes nicely with the fact that its just started raining.


Have a good Monday!

6 comments:

♥ N o v a said...

Second anniversary! You guys are still at the honeymoon stage! =)

Your husband sounds like a sweetie. S = sweet.

The chance to do the simple things like cleaning house and relaxing at home with a dvd and popcorn really doesn't come along too often in our busy lives, so when we do finally get a chance, by all means, we should grab the opportunity!

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! ♥

Ciara said...

Thx for that, its so true, life just seems to get busier & busier. I definitely recommend de-cluttering, its so refreshing.

Well since we started our trip away (to USA & Oz) as our honeymoon trip & now we're staying a bit longer, technically we are still on honeymoon, ha haha.

My Aunt & uncle who i'm very close to had their 40th wedding anniversary the same day as our wedding. So I rang her yesterday to wish her happy anniversary. I hope I’m that happy & strong forty years down the track. It gives me hope.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! i think you too are so cute! good luck to your relationship. more anniversaries to come!

Ciara said...

hey there
Thank you for that, so nice.
& thanks for stopping by.

Ciara

dkuroiwa said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary, you two!!
I wish you many more wonderful years...and much more happiness, adventure and fun!!

Ciara said...

Hey Deb
Thanks for that, ca't beleive two years have gone already. Feels like yesterday. :o)
Ciara