Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Things to be thankful for

Ok so I didn't win the lotto and I'm in work today but I'm much more grateful today for all I have. Part of me yesterday was so wishing I'd win money give up my job & travel the world which would be nice but since it didn't happen I tried to concentrate more on what I have. I'm so lucky in a lot of ways & I should be more grateful for that. So many others are having a hard time right now with the world economy being the way it is.
So I'm grateful that I have a good job, I'm grateful I'm healthy, happy(most of the time anyway ;o)), that the sun is shining, I have a roof over my head, food on my plate, a husband that I love & who loves me, for my friends & family. I'm grateful for all the happy times & happy memories, grateful too for the sad ones cos it's made me who I am today & so many other things that I can't even begin to name. Another new years resolution I'm going to try to think less of what I don't have & be more thankful for what I have. Try not to take things for granted.
So a couple of thoughts to mull on today, think about everything you should be thankful for & remember blessings come in all disguises.
Hope you have a good day & have a least one good belly laugh. :oD

2 comments:

Letera said...

Belated Happy Birthday to you. Your holiday sounded wonderful. Australia looks just so wonderful and beautiful. I hope to come over their one day.
I hear you on being thankful. I feel the same way. I wrote on Sunday that I have to stop and just relax and know that everything will fall into place. I just want to rush this year so I can start over but I know that it wont happen any faster then suppose to.
Happy New Years to you to!

Ciara said...

Hey there
Thx for that. Yeah it is nice here although most places look nicer in summer heehee. I'd defo recommend a trip if you get the chance.
Yeah I saw that, I've been catching up on all the blogs I read, its so true, I find myself wishing life away to get to the next thing i'm excited about & then wonder where the time has gone.
Hope 2009 is a good one for you.

Ciara